Next Generation Functional Testing Tool
- Run selected test steps against current browser (Selenium + RSpec)
- Run to a specific test step
- SCM (Git) integration
6.0a0 (2018-07-01, project starts)
TestWise v6 will be a total rewrite in C++:
- Support latest Selenium WebDriver v4
- Multi-language/driver-framework support - Selenium WebDriver and Appium
- Better looking User Interface, especially on Retina Display
- 10x performance enhancement on tool use, noticeable enhancement on test execution.
- 2016-04-11: the proof of concept starts
- 2017-09-25: v0.1 first version that Zhimin made it available for a colleague. prev v1
- 2019-01-05: v1 first public release, supports Watir/RWebSpec v1
- 2011-08-18: v2 supports Selenium 2 (i.e. Selenium WebDriver), Watir 2.0 v2
- 2012-07-11: v3 supports watir-webdriver and important feature: "run selected test steps against current browser" v3
- 2014-08-18: v4 supports RSpec 3.0 v4, our main version until 2019.
- 2016-01-13: v5 a try of moving execution process out of IDE, to support Ruby 2.0 syntax.v5
- 2018-07-01: v6 development starts, an ambitious goal: a total rewrite in C++.
- 2020-01-26: v6 beta is public available
- 2020-03-24: v6.0 is public available