BuildWise Server Commercial License for OEMs, ISVs and VARs
AgileWay provides its BuildWise Continuous Testing server under a dual license model designed to meet the development and distribution needs of self-use, open source projects and commercial distributors (such as OEMs, ISVs and VARs).
For software projects that want to use BuildWise server to improve their software development process, BuildWise server licensed under the GPL is the best option.
For Open Source Projects and Other Developers of Open Source Applications:
For developers of Free Open Source Software ("FOSS") applications under the GPL that want to combine and distribute those FOSS applications with BuildWise, BuildWise server licensed under the GPL is the best option.
For OEMs, ISVs, VARs and Other Distributors of Commercial Applications:
OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers), ISVs (Independent Software Vendors), VARs (Value Added Resellers) and other distributors that combine and distribute commercially licensed software with BuildWise software and do not wish to distribute the source code for the commercially licensed software under version 2 of the GNU General Public License (the "GPL") must enter into a commercial license agreement with AgileWay.
1. Can you explain in simple words?
A: If you install BuildWise server for your own use (personal or business, commercial or free), it is free.
If you include BuildWise server as a part of a software package and charge your clients fee, then you need purchase commercial license from AgileWay.
99+% of BuildWise server users will be happy with the free GPL license, it is like the famous MySQL license.
2. Can I use BuildWise server free for commercial purposes?
A: Yes. You receive financial rewards from your software that engage BuildWise server, that is self-use.
3. I have questions about the GPL?
A: Go to the Free Software Foundation’s website to read the GPL. The Free Software Foundation also provides a detailed FAQ on the GPL.
4. Can I modify BuildWise's source code and use for my company?
A: Yes, provided that you are not distributing the modified version and no changes to the product name.
5. What is the typical case that BuildWise commercial license is required?
A: You company provides software consulting (such as Agile/DevOps) and you help your client set up Continuous Testing with BuildWise for one-time or ongoing service fees.
6. I want to include BuildWise as our DevOps tool package for my clients? Do I need commercial license?
A: Yes, if you charge your clients for a fee.
7. What's the price for BuildWise Server commercial license?
A: US$1,000 annual subscription per server instance.
8. How do I get support and maintenance for BuildWise server?
A: BuildWise server is provided as it is, technical support is not included and not mandatory. There are two ways to get technical support from AgileWay:
9. After I purchased BuildWise server commercial license, can I distribute BuildWise under a different name?
A: No. That requires 'White-Label Licensing', please contact our support.
10. I want to contribute BuildWise Server, what is the Github repository?
A: While BuildWise server is open-source, we decide to not to open for public check-ins.
We want to keep BuildWise's simple design. Many current CI servers failed due to being complex (even they just do simple unit testing).
- US$10,000 annual subscription for support and maintenance per 3 server instances.
- Book our online support (via video conferencing) at WhenWise (minimum 2 hours)
If you have feedback, raise them on our support site, we will be very happy to respond.